There are, however, a number of non-legitimate reasons for arriving late. These are just a few:
- Wanting to finish watching a soap opera before heading off to class.
- Not budgeting sufficient time to get to class if there is a traffic jam or other obstacle on the way.
- Lack of willingness to hurry.
- Taking an unimportant phone call or completing a frivolous text message.
- Just not feeling like being on time.
- Waiting for a friend going to this same class or one in a neighboring classroom so that he or she will not have to walk alone.